FLU PREVENTION PROTOCOL
Transmission of seasonal flu is mainly person to person through sneezing or coughing from those infected with the virus. Also, it is recommended to avoid touching your mouth, eyes or nose after coming into contact with surfaces that may have been contaminated with the flu virus. Possibilities include doorknobs, shared telephones or cell phones, TV remotes, elevator buttons, shopping carts and gym equipment.
Some prevention tips include:
- Wash your hands often, rub hands with soap for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Try to stay in good general health.
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water, broths, vegetable soup and herbal teas.
- Eat foods which are nutritious (Organic vegetables and Organic seasonal fruits).
- Do your best to avoid and/or reduce sugar and alcohol use.
- Get plenty of sleep, strive for 8 hours nightly.
- Be physically active, consider a daily 20 minute walk.
- Manage your stress. Nurture self by participating in yoga, meditation, prayer, a daily walk outside to appreciate the beauty of nature (weather permitting) or read a good book to name a few suggestions.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
Kindly call PHYSICAL SYNERGY at 203-259-3210 for more information regarding nutrient recommendations which are intended to support immune system function.